From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-11 13:17:41

"Howard Hinnant" <hinnant_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> Despite the fact that I suggested it, I don't find it a killer example.
> ;-)
>
> I already code stuff like this, with this other pattern:
> [...]

The fact that the concept is familiar to you already works in its favor,
just as the familiarity of "Hello, world" is its primary feature. It
provides an entry point for people not necessarily exposed to
metaprogramming. Just seeing PTS spelled as "mpl::if_" might
produce an "Aha!" in people checking out MPL, just like Hello,
World does for a new language.

Dave