From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-11 19:14:23

> Apparently, vc7.1 final beta fails to handle is_convertible properly
> under some circumstances. I tried searching a little bit for
> workarounds and came up empty. If anyone else would like to try,
> comment out the line which says
>
> # define BOOST_NO_IS_CONVERTIBLE // "is_convertible doesn't work"
>
> in $BOOST_SANDBOX/boost/iterator/iterator_adaptors.hpp, go to
> $BOOST_SANDBOX/boost/libs/iterator/test, and do:
>
> bjam -sBOOST=<path-to-boost-root> indirect_iterator_test

Was this tested with the RC1 release (build 2346)? If not, I'll give it a
whirl tomorrow - it may be something that was broken only in build 2292.

Does this require a current boost snapshot from CVS, or will a 1.29
installation suffice? (Seeing "sandbox" in the above, I'm assuming the
latter...)

-cd