From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-12 11:42:33

"firingme" <firingme_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hello everybody:
>
> I'm studying the mpl right now,and was confused by so many
> many many template ,can anybody give me a suggestion about how
> can I get the very template matched result?

If I understand you correctly, you would like to see the instantiated
template specializations.

> Does cl.exe or icl.exe or g++.exe have some switch to produce
> the file contain the template matched result such as they can generate
> .asm file by open the /FAs swich?

This is a feature that I think would be extremely useful. However, I
don't think you're going to see any compilers implementing it any time
soon. If I thought I could hack gcc, I'd try it myself; but that's more
work than I have the time for.

> Or are there some tools can help me anyone know ?

The best way to learn the MPL is to read the Wiki, the paper, and
then ask questions here. Aleksey is pretty good about helping out.

Dave