From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-13 21:31:03

>> Sockets seems to be actively under development at the moment.
Most of
>> the activity seems to be on the Wiki at the moment though:
>>
>> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostSocket
>
>Ah!
>
>Yes, that looks more promising.
>
>Thanks for the redirect!

And more than that, there is a recent implementation based on the
Wiki web pages in the boost-sandbox. Sockets is a library that
has had a number of false starts. Hugo Duncan has been
the key driver of this new effort, but I know he would love to
have help. I believe we have gradually built enough
base that if we could find a few volunteers with a some
time to invest we could finally get a kernal of the library
available for review.

You can browse the boost sandbox socket stuff at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/boost-sandbox/boost-
sandbox/libs/socket/

or find out more about download access to the sandbox from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost-sandbox/

Anyway, download it, compile it, update the Wiki -- give us
feedback...

Jeff