From: Ulrich Eckhardt (uli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-16 03:24:38

> At 04:25 AM 1/15/2003, Steven Kirk wrote:
> >windows. Judging by the naming convention used by the other current boost
> >libraries, shouldn't this library be called "libboost_filesystem.lib"?
>
> Yes, I guess. I'll add it to the do list.

Isn't there a big flaw in that naming-convention ? It means I can't install a
version compiled for different compilers due to their differing ABIs.
Therefore, I'd rather go for
  libboost_<name>_<ABI-tag>-version.lib
'name' being 'filesystem' in this case and 'ABI-tag' an identifier for the
compiler, possibly including the stdlib. (note: STLport already uses such a
scheme, I'd prefer just stealing their ABI-tags if there are no good reasons
to do otherwise).

Just my 2¢

Ulrich Eckhardt