From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-16 10:45:48

[2003-01-16] David Abrahams wrote:

>Ulrich Eckhardt <uli_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> Yes, I guess. I'll add it to the do list.
>>>
>> Isn't there a big flaw in that naming-convention ? It means I can't
install a
>> version compiled for different compilers due to their differing ABIs.
>> Therefore, I'd rather go for
>> libboost_<name>_<ABI-tag>-version.lib
>> 'name' being 'filesystem' in this case and 'ABI-tag' an identifier for
the
>> compiler, possibly including the stdlib. (note: STLport already uses such
>> scheme, I'd prefer just stealing their ABI-tags if there are no good
reasons
>> to do otherwise).
>
>You're probably right. We don't have a system to do that right now,
>but it's probably a pretty easy change.

Not totally right... It should be:

    libboost_<name>_<API-tag>.lib.<version>

Putting the version at the end is somewhat standard. And in my current case
of OpenBSD required.

I could easily do this in BBV1:

    lib<name>_<TOOLSET_NAME>.lib.<version>

The "boost_<name>" part is up to the library authors. If no one has
objections?

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq