From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-17 10:22:58

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>>my_program ( 0, 1) ( 1, 3) (( 0, 1), 15 ), (( 0,1), (7.8) ) >
>>>This is input of 2 points circle and line. Here chain_lookup_policy
>
> could
>
>>>be useful.
>>
>>What if I want C++ expression specified on the command line? Sure, I don't
>>want make C++ parser operate on command line. Rather, I'd write
>>
>> my_program "f(1, 2) + 10"
>>
>>I don't need "chain_lookup_policy" where a couple of quote characters will
>
> do.
>
> IT doesn't matter weather or not you are using quotes. To parse out Point,
> Point, Circle, Line out of input above you need chain of responsibilities
> logic.

It is not necessary. You program will be given *string* "(0,1) (1,3)" and
can parse it using more powerfull means. I guess Spirit is quite appropriate.

>>I really can't comment further without seeing the code.
>

> Ok. I put in vault area some snapshot. I take some not testes functionality
> out of there. But you should get the feeling.

Looking at it now. It might take some time to form an opinion.

> Unfortunately I will be really
> busy till the middle of February. So may not be able to work on this further
> meanwhile.

It's a pity, because I've only one more or less serious interface change left
in my library, and would prefer to ask for review after that. Do you have any
idea when your library will have documentation, examples and tests?

>>No. Does yours? Getting really picky, does yours allows to validate XML
>>against DTD?
>

> In fact yes. My test configuration file look like this:
>
> input_message \
> <some XML here> \
> <> \
> <>
>
> "expected_output after transformation 1" "cxvbxbxb"
> "expected_output after transformation 2" "df sdf sdf"
>
> Now my test program read test configuration file and feed value of
> "input_message" parameter to the xerces parser.

And... how config file parser is concerned with XML? You have option
"input_message", which value happens to be in XML. The config file
parser, which should work on syntactic level, would faithfully return
that XML string. On semantic level, the "validator" function would parse
the XML. I fail to see how supporting XML depends on config file parser.

- Volodya