From: John Maddock (john_maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-19 07:03:20

Toon,

There are a couple of config issues arising from the HP regression tests
(and thanks for running these BTW):

The output from config_info is not showing up in the report (which is really
the reason for the extra queries below), try deleting
boost-path/status/bin/config_info.test/ before you next run the tests.

The compiler seems not to support template templates according to the
config_test failure. We currently have:

#if (__HP_aCC <= 33900)
# define BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATES
# define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_KEYWORD
# define BOOST_NO_UNREACHABLE_RETURN_DETECTION
#endif

which I presume needs updating? What is the latest __HP_aCC version number?

The thread code is all failing, probably because the jam toolset is not set
up correctly, according to the online docs at:
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/dev/aCC/a_03_26/threads.htm we need to
set:

-D_RWSTD_MULTI_THREAD -D_REENTRANT

when compiling and add -lpthread to the linker, I can't find any reference
to the -mt option that is currently in the jam toolset.

Thanks,

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm