From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-19 15:51:20

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I have been upgrading the Jamfiles for the date_time library have
> a couple questions:
>
> 1) I have a need to build tests with different compile options.
> For example consider the following example where the tests
> are the same, but the compile options are different.
>
> test-suite date_time_gregorian
> :
> [ run gregorian/testdate.cpp
> <lib>../build/boost_date_time : : : <define>DATE_TIME_INLINE ]
> ;
>
> test-suite date_time_gregrian_no_inline
> :
> [ run gregorian/testdate.cpp
> <lib>../build/boost_date_time ]
> ;
>
> Is there some way to do this?

Yeah, just use different names for the two tests. The signature of the
run rule is:

 run ( sources + : args * : input-files * : requirements * : name ? : default-build * )

> 2) I notice that some Jamfile.v2 files showing up. When
> is this going live,

When we get the system finished. You can already use it with GCC on
Windows and Linux (and, I think Kylix).

> and is there something library
> authors need to do to keep these up to date?

No, the Boost.Build maintainers are doing that for now.

> 3) Is there a way to get verbose output when the test
> is run? I realize the data is output into a file, but
> when I am testing changes I like to run the whole test
> suite output into a single file which I can grep and
> scan quickly.

Add --verbose-test to the bjam command-line.

--
                       David Abrahams