From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 06:42:21

> There is also
>
> #if (__HP_aCC <= 33300) || !defined(BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG)
> // member templates are sufficiently broken that we disable them for now
> # define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES
> # define BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_NESTED_DERIVATIONS
> # define BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_TYPES_IN_TEMPLATE_VALUE_PARAMETERS
> #endif
>
> where the !defined(BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG) causes BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES
> be defined unconditionally AFAICS. This causes a number of shared_ptr
tests
> to fail as shared_ptr.hpp uses a simplified version when no member
templates
> are available.

I missed that, the || !defined(BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG) part should not be
present against a version check that is clearly not the most recent compiler
version. Looks like we need someone to run the configure script on the most
recent compiler version and report the results.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm