From: dLux (dlux_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-21 06:31:17

Hello,

I have searched for sources that can help me compile boost on HP-UX 11.0
with aCC (and for the old binary format), but I cannot find so much.
I have read most of the documentation, mailing-list about it, but I did
not find a good point.

Then I realized that aCC fails with most of the tests, and I figured out
how I can use at least the smart_ptr classes:

I am using stlport (I don't know exactly which version, a new one), and
I have managed to compile and run the two regression test routine
flawlessly with the following setup:

- I need to use the old binary format (because I have to link to old
  libraries), so I did not use the -AA switch
- I used the following compiler options for compiling:
  0 +W890 -Wl,-B,immediate +p -Wc,-koenig_lookup,on \
  -Wc,-ansi_for_scope,on
- I linked with the following flags: -l++ -lm -lcma -lCsup
- I have configured the stlport to use the operating system's iostreams.
- I cleared the contents of config.hpp (should have problems with
  threaded environment).

The makefile is attached.

I have another question however:

Is there any work toward using boost in HP-UX, with aCC and stlport?
I even have a problem with building bjam for that platform :-(

I don't want to build every library by hand, I want to use most of
them...

Regards,

Szabó, Balázs (dLux)