From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-23 23:31:16

"Joel de Guzman" <djowel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [...]

This is similar to my "universal identity" suggestion from many months
back. However, "result" should be "apply" to make it an MPL
metafunction class <wink>.

Hum, that result template looks like identity, and not square. Am I
missing something? I'd have thought:

    template <typename X>
    struct result : mpl::times<X,X> {};

> function<square_> square;
>
> template <typename F>
> struct ffx {
>
> template <typename X>
> struct result { typedef X type; };

Mighty confused. Not

    template <typename X>
    struct result : mpl::apply<F, typename mpl::apply<F,X>::type> {};

??

If not, what's the point of "result"?

> PS> Jaakko and I are working on the LL/Phoenix merger.

Yay! What about my tuples question?

--
                       David Abrahams