From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-24 09:33:56

Hi Volodya,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Vladimir Prus wrote:
ghost> Looking at BGL's MutablePropertyGraph docs I can't understand
ghost> two things:
ghost>
ghost> ep is an object of type G::edge_property_type
ghost>
ghost> Is that really so? Why not graph_traits<G>::edge_property_type?

Actually, I think it really should be edge_property<G>::type and
vertex_property<G>::type. Also MutablePropertyGraph should be split into
VertexMutablePropertyGraph and EdgeMutablePropertyGraph. The BGL book is
more up-to-date than the online-docs, so I'd look there for the final
story. If you see discrepencies between the online-docs and the book, feel
free to update the html to match the book.

ghost> Unfortunately, this description says nothing about that concept
ghost> these types model. As the result, I don't know how can I
ghost> use 'add_edge' and 'add_vertex' as defined in MutablePropertyGraph.
ghost>
ghost> Can it be clarified?

Yes, that is a problem. We need some more concepts for this. If you're
dealing with an adjacency_list you know that they are nested instances of
the property class, but this doesn't help generic code.

I'm not sure how this could be made generic... maybe if we hade a concept
that covered what the property class does (BTW, a better name for the
property class would be static_alist). Also, it would be good to have a
notion of what copying these objects does.

Any help on solving the above problems would be welcomed!

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608