From: Joe Gottman (jgottman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-24 23:40:40

"Pavel Vozenilek" <pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > Is there such a thing as is_abstract_base<T> similar to
is_polymorphic<T>
> ?
> >
> > Is such a thing possible? I could use it but have been unable to
figrure
> > out how to do it.
> >
> Rani Sharoni wrote is_abstract_class<T> type trait (see
> on

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=is_abstract_class&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UT

   This class determines whether it is possible to create an array of type
T. If it is not, and T is not void, a reference, or a function, it assumes
that T must be an abstract base class. The problem is that it is impossible
to create an array of any type that does not have a public constructor, for
instance a non-abstract singleton class. So this does not quite work.

Joe Gottman