From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-26 11:10:39

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, k.takahashi wrote:
> Now, we intend to translate boost library document into Japanese, and
> publish them on the web.
>
> Then, we want to ask you some points.
>
> First, are there any problems about license or copylight?

There should not be any problems with license or copyright, so long as you
leave the original copyright in the translated document:
  http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#License

> For example, sholed we require permission of each author/developer
> of each library for translation?

No, but you might want to contain the authors prior to translating the
documentation to make sure the documentation is relatively stable. For
instance, there is a project to convert Boost documentation into a dialect
of DocBook so that we can do more cross-referencing and have more
consistent documentation, so the documentation for several libraries has
been redocumented. This documentation project is here:

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost_Documentation_Format

> Second, should we report details of our work of translation to boost
> commitee? If so, where sholud we report?

I'll have to leave this question to someone else...

> At first, do I post this kind of message to correct commitee?
> Is there more correct mailing list, etc. to discuss this kind of issue?

Yes, I believe this is the right list. There is also a mailing list for
the aforementioned documentation project at: