From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-26 14:19:24

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:50:13 +0100, David Abrahams wrote:

> Hum. It's fine to make Peter's particular example defined, but I'm a
> little concerned about asking to lift *all* undefined behavior for

Maybe I'm missing something, but what about a pointer to some type T and
this:

if( p ) p->f();

If p is 0, p->f(); is undefined, isn't it? But just because the
expression may be undefined (given some conditions or not) cannot make
the whole program undefined if the expression is not executed, right?
Otherwise the language would be completly useless...

Regards, Daniel