From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-27 19:13:13

"Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> "Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > [...]
> > This is yet another bad PR move, but then I thought, if voicing an
> > opinion around here constitutes a problem, then the problem is not
> > mine. So here goes.
>
> PR stands for public relations AFAIK. Why is it a PR move ? If you think
> it is a bad PR move, why is it "another bad PR move", ie. what was the
> previous bad PR move ?
> [...]

Let's just say Andrei isn't known for being "dainty" about hot-button
issues.
It seems clear that he is implicitly advocating his policy-based design over
the current "monolithic design" of boost::shared_ptr<>. That's what makes
it PR. I think a look through the Boost archives is enough to demonstrate
toes getting stepped on during other "discussions". ;) Of course, I think
he's just a little more cynical than necessary; but I can identify with his
attitude.

Dave