From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-29 02:15:00

Hi Jeremy,

> On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> ghost>
> ghost> I've come across more problems with documentation.
> ghost>
> ghost> 1. The docs for topological_sort say that if (u,v) edge is present,
> ghost> then u comes before v in the topological order. I was assuming
> ghost> that if I store the order in vector, then u will be found before
> ghost> v. Instead, the order is reversed! This can only be learned from
> ghost> the example at the botton -- which is the last place to look at.
>
> Yes.

Fixed.

> ghost> 2. The example for the same function is wrong. The graph has a
> ghost> 5 -> 5 edge and is not DAG. libs/graph/example/topo_sort.cpp
> ghost> fails for that reason.
>
> Right.

Fixed.

> ghost> 3. Docs the the same function say that the default value of i_map
> ghost> parameter is "get(vertex_index, g)". Unless I'm missing something,
> ghost> this should be "get(vertex_index_t(), g)".
>
> No, I think vertex_index is fine. vertex_index_t is an enum with one
> value in it, namely vertex_index. See properties.hpp.

You are right. However, docs say only about

    struct vertex_index_t { };

(when discussing adjacency_list), so there's still some inconsistency.

> ghost> 4. The docs for the "write_graphviz" function do not mention the
> ghost> "default_writer" class. I believe they should --- it's important
> ghost> when one want to output onle edge properties.
>
> Yes.

Edited the docs. Could you please check if I've spoiled anything?

> ghost> 5. libs/graph/doc/PropertyGraph.html says:
> ghost>
> ghost> boost::property_map<G, PropertyTag>::type
> ghost> The type of the property map for the property specified by PropertyTag.
> ghost> This type must be a model of ReadWritePropertyMap with a key type the same
> ghost> as the graph's vertex or (****) descriptor type.
> ghost>
> ghost> "edge" is missing in the marked position.
>
> Right.

Fixed.

> ghost> 6. I did not see anywhere the stament that property map obtained from
> ghost> PropertyGraph are actually a kind of references into the internal
> ghost> property map. I can conjecure this is so, but a clean statement would
> ghost> we better.
>
> Sure.

Do you think it's better to say that all property map have this shared copy
semantics, or only those from PropertyGraph?

- Volodya