From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-30 09:42:54

Glenn --

Since this mail seems to have been buried in the usual wave of
boost mail, I'll take a stab at it so you at least get a response - FWIW...

> A licensing question for everyone:
>
> Is there any problem with submitting, for possible inclusion in
> Boost, a library that was previously released under the GNU GPL?
> The submission would, in its new incarnation, be covered by a
> license that meets the Boost criteria. It would be submitted by
> the original copyright holders and would include no modifications
> made by others who received the library under the GPL.

Since the original copyright holders are effectively changing the terms
I don't see why this would present a problem -- they are certainly free
to change the terms.

> I understand that there are no *legal* problems with this (right??),
> but legal problems are not the only problems there are ....

Problems such as?

HTH,

Jeff