From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-30 10:56:44

>From: "Rani Sharoni" <rani_sharoni_at_[hidden]>

> "Gennaro Prota" <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >
> > John, unfortunately I have to turn off my computer now. I had just
> > hacked up a version that seems to work with gcc, but I don't want to
> > post it before a better testing. I'll let you know in the morning.
>
> Maybe you had the following variation on Terje's code in mind.
>
> The following worked with GCC3.1/2, VC6/7/7.1 and Comeau 4.3.0.1:

<snip>

Interesting. Just small changes in the code, like moving a struct from one
template to the other, makes a dramatic difference to some compilers.
However, the tests in the original posting, using array of size 0, didn't
detect the problem on these compilers.

Now it even works for private/protected, multiple base classes, and virtual
base classes. Great. :)

Regards,

Terje