From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-30 15:51:29

[...]

> In real code, I'm sure that's true. However, for the kind of
> meaningless benchmark-rustling we're engaged in now, I bet the
> class-specific allocator works great ;-)

[...]

> I guess it would also be possible to allocate a "shifted object" into some
> specific memory page, so operator delete will be able to quickly detect
> weither the object is shifted or not. This way it would be possible to
> overload the main operator new.

This may be why I'm not going more in depth regarding this; it is possible
but to much low level programmation.

Let's not forget:
- C++:
        A high-level programming language developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at
Bell Labs. C++ adds object-oriented features to its predecessor, C.

- C:
        A high-level programming language developed by Dennis Ritchie at
Bell Labs in the mid 1970s. Although originally designed as a systems
programming language, C has proved to be a powerful and flexible language
that can be used for a variety of applications, from business programs to
engineering. C is a particularly popular language for personal computer
programmers because it is relatively small -- it requires less memory than
other languages.

    Thus C++ should require less memory than other languages.

Philippe A. Bouchard