From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-30 20:44:25

Do you want this to be implemented as part of Boost.Test or Boost.Build?

> * Test cases/suites need to be defined in a tree hierarchy, where branches
> are never run if the parent test doesn't pass.
This could be done in terms of Boost.Test. Not in a current version though.

> * These test cases may include tests for compilation and/or link
> success/failure.

This is definitely soemwhere in Boost.Build area.

> * By default I would like to build and test the entire tree of test
> cases/suites, obeying the first rule I provided above, but there should be
> a way to build and test a single test case/suite with out regard to the
> parent (i.e. force a build and test of a single suite with out regard to
> any others in the tree).

Running test cases by name will be implemented as soon as CLA framework will
be completed. IOW soon.

Gennadiy.