From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-31 12:55:44

"Greg Colvin" <Gregory.Colvin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> And I proposed something like this years before that, but
> foundered on not being able to declare a type-safe variadic
> function in C++.

Do you suppose that with the PP lib, we should try something
like this now? If I understand correctly, we should be able to
offer both unmanaged and managed construction, right? That
way, we retain legacy compatibility, while offering users a
safer way to use smart pointers. I'll bet this is just the type of
challenge that Paul Mensonides would like to take on. ;>

Dave