From: Julius Muschaweck (muschaweck_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-01 03:51:48

Hi Joerg and everybody,

now that sparse matrix_row's works with Joerg's latest CVS upload (thanks
Joerg), a const& parameter that used to work with 1_29_0 doesn't anymore:

using namespace boost::numeric;
typedef ublas::matrix<double> TM;

double InnerProdConst( const TM& A, const ublas::vector<double>& x )
        {
        return ublas::inner_prod( ublas::matrix_row< const TM >( A, 2 ), x );
        }

VC++.NET complains that some internal conversion loses qualifiers,
This does compile with a non const matrix reference parameter, the same is
true if I use a sparse_matrix or a compressed_matrix. I didn't try the
other matrix types, but since this breaks with three matrix types, it looks
like it has to do with matrix_row itself.

I think this should work with const&'s since inner_prod is non mutating.
I'd like to keep the const&'s.

Joerg: You suggested using compressed_matrix instead of sparse_matrix in
your recent response to my matrix_row access problem. I couldn't find much
in the documentation about the pros and cons of either type. Can you give
me hint where to look for more information? Thanks.

Julius

Julius Muschaweck

OEC AG
Paul-Gerhardt-Allee 42