From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-01 14:32:46

"Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>> > See http://www.boost.org/libs/utility/permutation_iterator.htm
>
> It looks like we may benefit from this when sorting/indexing. However, when
> I said that we adapt two iterators rather than one, I meant two iterators
> from two different containers. Like intersection iterator is based on the
> iterators of both intersection arguments.

Iterator Adaptor has a lot of smart defaults derived from the Base
(underlying) type when it is an iterator. You may or may not be able
to take advantage of many of these, depending on the nature of your
iterators. The other big benefit of Iterator Adaptor is that it
implements the iterator concepts correctly, which is nontrivial.

In the sandbox code these aspects are factored into iterator_facade
and iterator_adaptor; you might just want to use iterator_facade.

--
                       David Abrahams