From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-01 16:49:14

At 12:39 PM 2/1/2003, Matthias Troyer wrote:

>< cat regress.log | $process_jam_log
>---
> > cat regress.log | $process_jam_log $boost_root

>Finally, I wonder why I need the sixth change. How does this work on
>other platforms? Is there an easier fix?

I can answer that one. If process_jam_log is given no argument, it assumes
it is being run from some directory within the boost directory tree, and
starts recursing upward looking for boost-root. (It assumes any directory
with a sub-directory named "libs" is the boost-root.) That mechanism is
probably at play in the script.

Specifying a directory argument is particularly useful if ALL_LOCATE_TARGET
is being used to place the test targets someplace outside of the boost-root
tree, which is a good idea.

HTH,

--Beman