From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-02 16:37:48

At 01:18 PM 2/2/2003, Alisdair Meredith wrote:

>The following 2 patches in Random will pass both the graph and
>random_demo tests for BCB6. random_test still fails to compile with the
>compiler running out of memory.
>
>random\uniform_smallint [line 189]

>#elif defined( __BORLANDC__ )
>
>random\uniform_int [line 207]

>#elif defined( __BORLANDC__ )

Alisdair,

While I (and probably others!) would very much like to get fixes for
random, there are a couple of issues:

* Patches really are best to be supplied as diff output; that cuts errors
applying them. The -c switch helps make them more readable. It may be
better to attach the diff output as a file, if long lines would be wrapped
by pasting it inline.

* Testing for "defined( __BORLANDC__ )" is usually discouraged because it
will fail when the compiler changes to a new version which behaves
differently. Also, there may be a Boost config macro which applies, and is
the preferred way to detect a compiler deficiency.

Thanks,

--Beman