From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-03 12:53:13

"David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> This looks suspiciously like Mojo.
> [...]

Ok, this was perhaps one of the most poorly worded things I've said
in a long time (toothpaste discussions nothwithstanding). I didn't
mean in any way to imply that Howard was following Andrei around
like a vulture stealing his ideas and then taking the credit. I recall
Howard being a strong proponent of move semantics months or more
before Mojo was ever discussed in public.

I simply recognized that Howard had something important to say
about move semantics and smart pointers at this time (because he
usually has something important to say about move semantics), and
I wanted to make sure that I understood what it was. I had already
spent time trying to understand Mojo, because I wanted to implement
it in SmartPtr. If Mojo was already following the protocol that
Howard was promoting, then that was good enough for me.
However, if Howard was saying something new that I wasn't catching
on to, I wanted to know what it was. So, apologies to Howard if it
looked like I was calling him a copycat. That was not my intent in the
least.

Probably a better way to have asked my question would have been:

"I plan to implement Mojo in SmartPtr. Does it follow the protocol
you propose, or should I consider additional factors not yet
discussed?"

Dave