From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-05 10:52:07

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 10:27, Matthias Troyer wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 12:55 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> After we get the regrssion tests to work, there will be a special
> challenge for ublas or MTL-3: Calling the BLAS routine where
> appropriate will be essential in getting any decent performance on
> these types of CPUs. Does anybody know what the progress is on calling
> BLAS from ublas where appropriate?

The BLAS and LAPACK bindings for ublas are not complete yet but the
most important functions are available.

Recently, Joerg started adding blocked operations (which deteriorate performance
on vector-processors) so in the future we might need configuration macros to
indicate if we're on superscalar or vector machines.

can't wait !

toon