From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-08 17:21:58

David Abrahams said:
> "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> The line in the middle won't work, actually, but that's another story.
>> boost::thread() creates a "handle" to the current thread. ;-) Score
>> another one for defining concepts before using them.
>
> Oh, I'm not up on the new interface. How are we going to create a new
> thread?

Nothing new about the interface in this regard. The default constructor
has always behaved this way. New threads are created with the overloaded
constructor taking a function object.

BTW: I'm not opposed to changing the semantics or removing the default
constructor in the new design, since it's Copyable and Assignable. If
there's reasons to do this, we can now switch to a self() method for
accessing the current thread.

--
William E. Kempf
wekempf_at_[hidden]