From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-13 05:48:27

Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> Daniel Frey wrote:
>
> > Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>
> >>This was the original source:
> >>
> >>template<bool, typename> struct enable_if;
> >>-----------------------^
> >>
> >>Visual Age doesn't like this, it needs a name here.
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Ah, that's the reason. But given my recent discomfort about
> > unmaintainable code, look at it again:
> >
> > # if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__HP_aCC, <= 33900)
> > template<bool cond, typename T> struct enable_if;
> > # else
> > template<bool, typename T> struct enable_if;
> > # endif
> >
> > Does this really makes sense? Shouldn't we just keep one version with
> > names for template parameters? AFAICS this should work for all compilers
> > and it could be a general boost coding guideline to always provide names
> > for template parameters. Comments?
>
> Agreed, if it works for all compilers, let's just keep the version
> with the names. (And add a comment that it should stay like it is!)

No, don't add a comment. Let's make it a boost coding guideline,
otherwise we will clutter the code again with comments instead of
workarounds. Remember that this is only one example of a line with
template parameters. Would you like to add a comment for every line all
over boost?

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology