From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-13 12:37:09

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:52:59 -0000, "John Maddock"
<jm_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[..]
>I hear what you say, but I keep coming back to: this is largely an Intel
>compiler specific problem,

No, it's a matter of not making a silent use of non standard features.

>and most users really do expect their libraries
>to support long long whenever the compiler does.

Maybe. But we can't second such attitudes. Otherwise someone might
expect __complex__, or incomplete enumeration types. Where do you
stop?

>Personally I don't want to
>have to answer a flood of questions along the lines of "why doesn't
>some_type_trait<long long> work correctly?"

Oh, that's really underestimating users' intelligence.

Genny.