From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-13 16:20:04

At 01:47 AM 2/12/2003, David B. Held wrote:

>...I hope there's still a chance for it to be considered for the
>next version of the standard library.

The April meeting deadline is not for the next version of the Standard
Library; rather it is for the Library Technical Report.

While nothing has been formally decided, I'm personally hoping that the LWG
will start accumulating proposals for a 2nd Technical Report right away.

Proposals accepted for a second TR might miss the next revision of the
standard, but they still would be on track for eventual inclusion.

Regardless of the details, please don't give up on this or any other
valuable work just because it isn't going to be ready for the April C++
committee meeting. Rather, concentrate on getting it ready for Boost review
and acceptance. That's a big step forward for a library. Standardization
can come later.

--Beman