From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-14 16:52:33

[2003-02-14] Rozental, Gennadiy wrote:

>> Hangs on both GCC 2.95.3 and 3.2:
>>
>> test / errors_handling_test...
>> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-OpenBSD-links.
>> html#errors_handling_test%20gcc
>> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-OpenBSD-links.
>> html#errors_handling_test%20gcc-3.2
>
>I tested these both in win32 yesteday. They does not pass, but it does not
>hang up either.
>
>Couldn't you give a little bit more information on where exectly it's
>looping?

I can give you very little when it comes to information. Under normal runs
it just hangs, no output.

Trying to attach to a running version from GDB is useless, it just stops the
run, without any semblance of a stack trace, and it can't continue the
execution.

Running it in GDB require turning of some of the signals you are catching.
So after disabling GDB handling of FPE, ABRT, and SEGV I get the infinite
loop of...

red5of5:runtime-link-dynamic {154} gdb ./errors_handling_test
warning: failed to install memory consistency checks; configuration should
define NO_MMCHECK or MMCHECK_FORCE
GNU gdb 4.16.1
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-openbsd3.2"...
(gdb) handle SIGFPE nostop
Signal Stop Print Pass to program Description
SIGFPE No Yes Yes Arithmetic exception
(gdb) handle SIGSEGV nostop
Signal Stop Print Pass to program Description
SIGSEGV No Yes Yes Segmentation fault
(gdb) handle SIGABRT nostop
Signal Stop Print Pass to program Description
SIGABRT No Yes Yes Aborted
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/export/home/grafik/CVSROOTs/Boost/boost_regression/libs/test/test/bin/errors_handling_test.test/gcc/debug/runtime-link-dynamic/./errors_handling_test

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.

>>> repeat an indefinite number of times ;-)

---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---q
Quit
(gdb)

The stack trace at this point is the non-informative...

(gdb) bt
#0 0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb)

So is there something I can do to get you more meaningfull information?

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq