From: T (scream29125_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-16 01:37:57

Hello,

may I know if anyone is maintaining the Boost heap
implementations? The email address of the original
author doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I still have not been able to determine if the
pointers returned by the heap are guaranteed to be
valid. The documentation does not say so. There is a
sample Dijkstra's algorithm written by the original
author but that algorithm involves pushing everything
into the heap at the start and only popping elements
out during the shortest path calculation. This is only
necessary if the graph is a complete graph. In other
cases, the more efficient solution would be to push
elements into the heap only when they are encountered.
The d_heap code seems to indicate that this should
work, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Does
anyone have any pointers as to what other
documentation I could look at?

Thank you.