From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-16 09:04:24

Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> writes:

> #include "boost/type_traits/detail/bool_trait_def.hpp"
>

> I end up including:
>
> - template_arity_spec.hpp
> - bool_c.hpp
> and
> - lambda_support.hpp" (!!!)
>
> And lambda_support, in turn, includes so much preprocessor stuff that
> I think it is more than what I would have in the whole application
> hadn't I included is_integral. So why should I use it? After all I can
> write the same in portable C++. And, by portable I mean effectively
> portable even to broken compilers (the ones I use, of course).

Whether these dependencies are worthwhile really depends on whether
you think it's valuable to have the boost type traits work
out-of-the-box with MPL lambda expressions on broken compilers. If
you don't, and you're really worried about every file that gets
#included, I agree you'd probably prefer to write your own
is_integral.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting