From: Fernando Cacciola \(Home\) (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-17 12:57:19

I'm trying the variant library, by currently it doesn't
compile with bcc551.
I'd like to be able to compile it with my compiler so I can base my
vote (tentatively to accept it) on more than the documentation
and interpretation of the code.

The first problem is that the current type_traits/type_with_alignment.hpp
does not expose max_align any more for the Borland compilers.
The second problem is the extensive usage of non-type template parameters
that don't follow the guidelines for integral constant expressions
(full qualified access). For instance, as a rule of thumb, don't use:
"bool_c<xyz::value>" but "bool<xyz>"; both mpl and the new type traits
have been design to work with the second form which works with Borland.

Since the bcc5.5.1 command line compiler is available from
http://www.borland.com/index.html
I ask the variant developers to download it and make the necessary changes.
AFACIT there are many changes but they're all trivial.
I can assist them by indicating what to change, but I don't have the time
right now
to made the changes myself.

Thanks.

Fernando Cacciola