From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-17 17:29:22

"Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Curiosity got the better of me, and I did an experimental run on build
> 2292.
>
> Looks pretty good. A vast improvement over prior releases. Problems
noted:

> * Missing overloads for long long.
> * boost/type_traits/is_convertible.hpp line 153 giving it fits.
> * A few other scattered failures on code working for other
compilers.

> I'm not going to post the results; no point in worrying about
workarounds
> until we see what the actual shipped version does.

I have the RC1 version, build 2346. Unfortunately, I'm not in a
position to run the regression tests on any regular basis. Hopefully
someone else with build 2292 or 2346 can run them at least now & then.

>From what I recall from earlier testing, most of the problems with this
compiler stem from workarounds put in for earlier VC versions that
aren't disabled for _MSC_VER >= 0x1310.

-cd