From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-02-18 11:33:06

First, let me say that this looks like a good library. Secondly, let me say
that I have not looked at the implementation... Now, on to the comments :)

1) I'd like to see a short high-level document that compares Boost.Variant
with Boost.Any, showing the advantages and disadvantages of each. This is
so that new Boost users could decide quickly which library to use for a
given problem. This document could then be referenced by the documentation
of both libraries.

2) The Visitor concept brings a couple questions to mind:
  a) Why allow modification (termed "persistency" in the docs)? No other
FunctionObject abstraction does, and modern C++ users are well-acquainted
with and used to the associated restrictions on FunctionObjects.
  b) Do Boost.Lambda expressions qualify as Visitors? I am not familiar
enough with the implementation of either library to be able to tell...

        -Steve