From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-18 18:58:14

David Abrahams wrote:

> BTW, I just realized that a conversion from variant<T> to optional<T>
> could be used to do extraction as well. Maybe it would be better to
> ditch extract altogether and just use optional?

I think this makes sense. The disadvantage is the overhead of optional
just to do "extract"ion. I understand from the other posts that implementing
optional in terms of variant as is an overkill? If so, at least effort must be
put into making both libraries reuse as much common parts as possible.
I'm sure there are lots of commonality, right?

--
Joel de Guzman
joel_at_[hidden]