From: Darryl Green (Darryl.Green_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-18 20:46:23

It may be easier to use a platform dependent (or user selectable) xslt
tool rather than try to build/install a cross platform one? Anyone who
has a recent enough IE installed on Windows has XSLT installed - why not
use it.

If you actually want a full docbook authoring environment, things are a
little ;-) more complex - but just building the docs shouldn't be too
hard?

I've been using XSLT on windows and linux. On windows I'm just using
MS's msxml. This seems to be pretty solid these days - nothing to build
- just install it... To do a command line xslt transformation you can
use a little (28k exe) utility that uses the msxml dll. The utility
(msxsl) can be downloadded from:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?url
=/msdn-files/027/001/485/msdncompositedoc.xml

regards
Darryl Green.