From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-19 18:18:27

Eric Friedman wrote:

> I lifted the copyright notice from other Boost libraries (see MPL and
> Boost.Threads). I am happy to change the notice if necessary, but
> should these other libraries follow suit?

Yes, they should, and there was another thread out there at one time discussing the details. Perhaps it is waiting for input from lawyers. Does anyone know the status?

Regardless of that effort, it probably wouldn't hurt for new libraries to be expressly clear on the issue (copyright notice not needed in binaries) from the beginning.