From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-20 18:41:14

"Ken Hagan" <K.Hagan_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Reading various replies, we appear to have a couple of things that
> aren't completely pinned down: the type of "&k" and the implementation
> of TLS. rest snipped...

You have pointed out what I have said right from the beginning. Depending on
the implementation, &k can be different things, and therefore the TLS
problem is essentially implementation-defined. Of course I still am gladly
following the discussion which assumes that &k is most likely something
which one might expect it to be most of the time, a pointer into a table of
values for each thread, and that one can expect to decide intelligently from
that whether or not one can use it as a value in a template instantiation
for a non-type template parameter, but essentially we can not know this
until we know how a given compiler's implementation treats it.