From: Chris S (chrisks_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-20 20:56:06

I've installed boost's threading library following the build instructions in
the documentation. I was unable to get bjam to work. No matter what I tried
it won't accept my include or library paths for mingw. However, using
Dev-C++, I set up projects using the appropriate include and library
directories and successfully built both libboostthread.a and
boostthreadmon.dll.

All seemed well until I tried to run the libs/thread/example/thread.cpp
example. It compiled wonderfully and without error, but segfaults for the
lines:

boost::thread thrd(alarm);
thrd.join();

I'm assuming, while I believe I followed the build instructions correctly
and received no compilation or linking errors, that the boost threading
library is not at fault. If so, what might I have done, or not done, to
cause this problem?

Thanks for any help,
-Chris-