From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-28 11:03:27

Peter Dimov wrote:

> It depends on the choice of template parameters, of course. If you go the PB
> way, resource<> is definitely a contender:

This is definitely the direction I was thinking. Otherwise, we get
shared_resource, scoped_resource, movable_resource, etc and we start
wanting an abbreviation like _ptr <g> [or in this case, _rsrc?]

I certainly like the policy approach here, as I see a policy-based smart
pointer and a policy-based resource-manager sharing ownership policies.
I still see them as different but related concepts though.

--
AlisdairM
Team Thai Kingdom