From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-03 07:08:05

John Maddock wrote:

> I don't know, it seems to be a really weird compiler bug, because adding
> extra parenthesis around a > expression doesn't help.

I think it is a parser/lexer issue, where the '<' and '>' tokens are
taken for template syntax rather than boolean comparison. Adding parens
does not fix the problem whereas changing the token to <= or >= does
(hence my 'fix')

I am wondering if the best place to record this sort of library-specific
workaround might be on the Wiki? Potentially every test/file might
merit comments some some compiler combination, and it is certainly
beyond the scope of the library authors to maintain up-to-date
documentation of workarounds for every compiler ever.

--
AlisdairM
Team Thai Kingdom