From: Daryle Walker (dwalker07_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-04 02:03:06

I'm trying to use the more_io.zip stuff currently under review with a
copy of Metrowerks CodeWarrior Developement Studio (Mac OS X Edition,
v8). I haven't got anything to compile. I get errors like:

//==================================================================
Error : undefined identifier 'ptrdiff_t'
(included from:
  config.hpp:57
  array_stream.hpp:15
  array_stream_test.cpp:12)
suffix.hpp line 245 namespace std { using ::ptrdiff_t; using
::size_t; }

Error : undefined identifier 'strlen'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 41 namespace std { using ::strlen; using
::strncat; }

Error : the file 'wtypes.h' cannot be opened
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 48 #include <wtypes.h>

Error : the file 'winbase.h' cannot be opened
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 49 #include <winbase.h>

Error : the file 'excpt.h' cannot be opened
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 50 #include <excpt.h>

Error : the file 'eh.h' cannot be opened
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 51 #include <eh.h>

Error : declaration syntax error
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 108 void ms_se_trans_func( unsigned int
id, _EXCEPTION_POINTERS * exps );

Error : undefined identifier '_set_se_translator'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 148 _set_se_translator(
detail::ms_se_trans_func );

Error : declaration syntax error
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 355 ms_se_trans_func( unsigned int id,
_EXCEPTION_POINTERS* /* exps */ )

Error : declaration syntax error
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 356 {

Error : declaration syntax error
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 357 throw ms_se_exception( id );

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 367 case EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 372 case EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_PRIV_INSTRUCTION'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 377 case EXCEPTION_PRIV_INSTRUCTION:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 382 case EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 387 case EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 393 case EXCEPTION_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 398 case EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_INT_OVERFLOW'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 403 case EXCEPTION_INT_OVERFLOW:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_ARRAY_BOUNDS_EXCEEDED'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 408 case EXCEPTION_ARRAY_BOUNDS_EXCEEDED:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_FLT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 413 case EXCEPTION_FLT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_FLT_STACK_CHECK'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 418 case EXCEPTION_FLT_STACK_CHECK:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_FLT_DENORMAL_OPERAND'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 423 case EXCEPTION_FLT_DENORMAL_OPERAND:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_FLT_INEXACT_RESULT'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 424 case EXCEPTION_FLT_INEXACT_RESULT:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_FLT_INVALID_OPERATION'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 425 case EXCEPTION_FLT_INVALID_OPERATION:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_FLT_OVERFLOW'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 426 case EXCEPTION_FLT_OVERFLOW:

Error : undefined identifier 'EXCEPTION_FLT_UNDERFLOW'
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 427 case EXCEPTION_FLT_UNDERFLOW:

Error : declaration syntax error
(included from:
  minimal.hpp:45
  array_stream_test.cpp:13)
execution_monitor.cpp line 459 } // namespace boost

I have the compiler search the new files in the more_io archive, then
all the standard include directories, then the Boost 1.29.0
directories. Do the config files need updating? Am I missing
important updates for my compiler (it's stock from the CD)? Is it
something else?

Daryle