From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-04 07:48:25

At 12:23 PM 3/2/2003, Jason House wrote:

>I believe I've seen traffic earlier about some kind of upcoming deadline
>for proposals for becoming part of the C++ standard.

There was a deadline yesterday (3 March) for papers to go in the
pre-meeting mailing, and there is another in April for final proposals for
the upcoming Library Technical Report (TR).

For changes to the core language, no formal cut-off date has been set
AFAIK. But language changes require a lot of consideration - the committee
likes to hear from compiler vendors who have successfully implemented the
changes, for one thing. Thus anyone seriously considering a language change
needs to be working on their proposal right now.

Because Boost is library oriented, comp.std.c++ would be a better place to
discuss core language changes. OTOH, library based solutions are of
interest to Boost.

--Beman