From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-04 09:53:58

> No one disagreed with this assessment.
>
> Jeff Garland posts a partially updated set of developer procedures:
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1411802/release_procedures.htm
>
> At this point the discussion fragments into details and corner cases. The
> updated release_procedures.htm was never committed to CVS.

Right, sorry for dropping this. As I recall I was hoping for someone more
expert with WinCVS and some of the other tools to fill in the details
of how to make changes.

> So, if we are going to do merges from the trunk to the branch for 1.30.0 we
> need a finalized procedure right away. Jeff? Dave?

That's true. The basic CVS procedure for developers looks like it is in
place. I don't think the WinCVS procedure was updated.

> I'd really like it to include the Release Procedures for the Release
> Manager, which is currently blank. While I understand the general idea, I'm
> not sure what the release manager does differently. How is the branch
> named? What is the tag that goes on the main trunk and how is it named?

There never have been procedures for the release manager, but they would
be basically the same as today. I would expect we would name branches
exactly as we do now. There may be some detail about how the
branch has to be created, but other than that it would be the same.

Jeff