From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-05 20:36:39

Garnet Kin-Lic Chan <garnet_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Dear all,
> there have been a few discussions recently about the status of
> solaris and boost. as someone whose code relies on the boost::function and
> boost::bind libraries, and who needs to port to solaris in the very near
> future, i'm happy to try and help. does anyone know what is needed,

The mission: find workarounds for the compiler bugs which cause errors
when you run bjam in the status subdirectory.

> and has anyone had any experience with version 7 of the sun
> compilers?

I don't remember which version I was testing with. Their version
numbering scheme is confusing and doesn't follow their preprocessor
symbol numbering.

> anyone else interested? i seem to recall a message from
> dave abrahams saying it was a miserable experience - sincerely,

It was. I was testing with the release version of their compiler.
They've been saying their pre-release compiler (downloadable from
their site) is much better and has been tuned to work with Boost, but
so far I have no confirmation of that.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting